I’ve spent 19 years working in a customer service based, bricks and mortar business. Like many businesses, Christmas is always the most insanely busiest time of the year. What I’ve noticed through this experience, is a common theme around my customers mind set this time of year.
This is what I usually see – burnout, tiredness and reflections on the year that was. But mostly, on what it wasn’t. Because as humans we tend to revel on the negative. I often hear my clients rattling off all the things that went wrong through out the year.
“I can’t wait for this year to be over”. Sound familiar??
To be fair, Kristy and I have a few things that didn’t go quite as planned this year too. Does anything ever happen easily?
It’s not all sunshine and roses but at the end of the day we’re a couple of Yes Men and this is meant to be a motivational speech. So we wanted to share with you 6 awesome things we did this year. There was more than 6, but we don’t want to brag.
6 Awesome things we did this year
1. Survived our first year in business. As we all know, statistics are usually stacked against new businesses, particularly in the first year. We’re still here so we’ll toast to that.
2. We were invited to take our workshops on a roadshow through the Kimberley’s in 2019. And we said yes! We’re super excited to be travelling to Broome and Kununurra in Feb.
3. Launched our ‘Expert member’ video series. Which by the way, if you haven’t seen yet you absolutely must do right here. We managed to score a fantastic line up of experts including Jay Crisp Crow, Alicia Menkveld, Amanda Kendle and Michelle Garvin.
4. Finally hosted that launch party we kept talking about. And it was such a success we just might do it again. Watch this space.
5. Survived juggling 7 kids and approx 6 businesses. Yes, between the two of us and our husbands, this is our life. It is completely insane, we are both exhausted at all times and frequently ask each other, “what on earth are we doing?” But this year, we did it. Not as well as we would’ve liked, but meh, most likely we place unrealistic expectations on ourselves.
6. Published about 45 – 50 articles. Holy moly! How did this happen? We shocked ourselves with this realisation. This is exactly why you should stop and ask yourself, “what have I done this year thats awesome.” Chances are you’ll impress yourself also.
Aside from a little pre Christmas positivity, Kristy and I just wanted to say a big fat thank you to everyone that took a chance on us this year. We’ve loved making new friends and having you trust us enough to poke around your biz. Bring on 2019.
We wish you all a bloody fabulous Christmas! (In 2019 Kristy hopes I stop saying bloody so much).
Love, hugs and tones of bubbles. x
Not ready to jump right in? Want to get to know us a little better first? We understand! Dip your toes in and subscribe to our newsletter. As a bonus we will send you our "25 tips to online success" cheat sheet!
You have Successfully Subscribed!
Elsa Mitchell is the co-founder of B Directory, providing outside of the box solutions for small business, to help supercharge their growth. One of the ways they do this is by connecting business, bloggers and influencers to create the right online partnerships. B Directory also provides training and management of marketing services to help ease the overwhelm facing small business today.
Elsa’s ability to provide guidance to B Directory clients is underpinned by her extensive business background. Over ten years ago she established her own salon in the beauty industry, which is now a popular and successful operation. Further to this, Elsa is also the Marketing Director of her family business in the building and construction industry.
Elsa’s success in the customer service industry has allowed her to identify solutions and strategies surrounding bricks and mortar sales and building a positive team culture. A skill set she now is able to utilise to educate her B Directory customers.